COVID-19: Duval County three new cases, total 97
Duval County has confirmed three additional cases on Thursday, July 16, bringing today’s total to 97.
#95 Female 20’s
#96 Male 30’s
#97 Female in her teens
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Public Health Region 11 and Duval County continue to work together against COVID-19.
In order to share facts and not fear, we continue to emphasize the importance of prevention and there are simple steps everyone can take to help prevent spreading the virus:
· Wear a cloth face covering (over the nose and mouth)
· Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet away
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· If soap and water are not available, use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
· Stay at home and stop the spread of coronavirus
The public can find up-to-date coronavirus information and what to do if you're sick, testing information at dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus.