Meet 8-year-old Geraldine. She is one of thousands of children seeking to be adopted into a loving family who would foster her creativity.
Geraldine is sweet, energetic, and full of life child. She likes dancing, cheerleading, singing, horses and watching Disney movies. As a fun loving child she also enjoys playing games, basketball, riding her bike or scooter, and using the phone.
Geraldine likes reading, and at school does very well at math and science.
She has a social, friendly, and active personality. When there is a chance to eat out, her favorite foods include pizza, tacos, and spaghetti. When at home, she enjoys helping out around the house.
Geraldine is seeking to be adopted by patents who will love and care for her, as she grows up to help her to reach her full potential in life.
If you think you could be Geraldine’s forever family for this sibling group, or for another Texas child, you can log onto the web at www.adoptchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405 to learn more about the foster/adoption process, you can also find the web links to the statewide online Informational meetings, as they are the first step in the foster to adopt process.
Basic Adoption Requirements
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.