Meet 14-year-old Angel, a big fan of basketball, waiting for a family to call his own. He is one of thousands of Texas children in the foster care system.
Angel, who is described by his caseworker as being a sweet, loving, bright teenager, who enjoys going to the movies and the park, and spending time with his peers, as he has a friendly and outgoing personality.
Angel also likes to play sports and his love for sports makes him a big NFL and NBA fan. His dream is to attend some games in big arenas and watch his favorite players play. Not only is he a fan, he’s also seeking to try out for a spot on school basketball team.
Angel seeks to become a part of an active family, but more importantly parents who will love him and support him and his goals as he matures into his full potential. Angel also says he would like a family who has a pet dog.
If you think you could be Angels forever family, or another Texas child, visit www.adoptchildren.org or call 1-800-233-3405 for more information on foster care & adoption in Texas.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults.
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer).
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle.
- provide relative and non-relative references.
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable).
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members.
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.