Jaylan is a sweet and loving 12-year-old who is extremely energetic and outgoing. She is one of thousands children in Texas waiting to be adopted and is this week's feature on Bridging Families.
Jaylan enjoys everything music, and is not timid in showing off her dance moves. Jaylan really enjoys spending her free time watching Youtube music videos.
She enjoys taking weekend trips and taking part in playing board games. Jaylan also really enjoys going shopping and going out to eat.
Jaylan is very motivated preteen and strives to overcome any of life’s obstacles which she may be faced with. Jaylan will do well with a single or two-parent household and a family who is experienced in parenting, who can provide her with a structured environment. Jaylan will do best in a home with minimal children.
If you think you could be a forever family for Jaylan or another Texas child, please contact the department at 1-800-233-3405, for more information about adoption or visit www.adoptchildren.org
- The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.