The Tuloso-Midway Warriors improved to 3-0, and they can thank quarterback Erick Alvarez for his help. Alvarez, who leads off this week’s Star Sports Network’s Prep Honor Roll, made good of 15 of 19 pass attempts to lift the Warriors to a 14-6 victory against the Mathis Pirates Thursday. In that game, Alvarez also threw a 36-yard touchdown pass to DeAndre Darrington.
• Alice quarterback A.J. Benavides threw for 263 yards and four touchdowns in the Coyotes’ 57-14 win over Mission Veterans Memorial High School Thursday. Benavides also rushed for one touchdown.
• Coyotes’ running back Deon Hill had only five carries in Alice’s win over the Patriots, but he totaled 138 yards. He scored on a 65-yard jaunt and a three-yard dive.
• Freer senior Fabian Eeds rushed for 209 yards on 16 carries against Taft Friday night. Eeds scored on runs of 17, 19, 20 and 20 in the 47-14 win.
• Orange Grove running back Jose Martinez ran for only 57 yards in the Bulldogs’ win over Banquete Friday, but 51 of those yards came on two lengthy touchdown runs. Martinez gave Orange Grove a boost with a 27-yard scoring run on the team’s first offensive play of the game and a 24-yard TD?run later in the contest.
• San Diego running back Rocky Gonzales rushed for 100 yards on 13 carries for the Vaqueros in a 28-0 shutout over John Paul II?Friday night. He scored twice in the game on runs of five and two yards.
• Sammy Perez rushed for 137 yards on 13 carries for Premont in a 24-21 loss to Bruni Friday. He also scored on a 46-yard scamper.
- Staff Report