The Alice City Council is meeting at 6:30 p.m. today at City Hall. The meeting is open to the public.
The agenda is as follows:
1. Open Meeting, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Presentation of Perioperative Nurses Week Proclamation.
3. Introduction of new employees, hearing of visitors and public announcements.
4. Hear and discuss status report from City Manager concerning pending and prospective projects and general operations.
5. Hear presentation from Mike Smith, Chamber Executive Vice President and Juan Navejar, Marketing/Sales, regarding the Alice Convention and Visitors Bureau 2007 Third Quarterly Report.
6. Consider and act upon authorizing publication for Public Hearing relating to proposed adoption of an Ordinance providing for the taxation of goods-in-transit exempt under Section 11.253 of the Tax Code; providing a repealer clause; providing a severability clause; and declaring an emergency.
7. Consider and act upon Resolution allocating the city's total entitlement and official ballot casting 445 votes for one or more candidates placed on the voting ballot to serve on the Jim Wells County Appraisal District Board of Directors for the 2008-2009 term.
8. Consider and act upon Resolution authorizing the filing of Applications for the Fiscal Year 2008 Solid Waste Grants through the Coastal Bend Council of Governments in cooperation with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
9. Consider and act upon authorizing submission of a FEMA "Excess Federal Real Property Application for Public Benefit Conveyances" grant; authorizing acceptance of the conveyance if awarded; authorize any mandated improvements to the property; and authorize the Mayor to execute related documents.
10. Consider and act upon authorizing submission of the FY 2007 Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) Sub-Recipient Agreement for the City of Alice for total award amount of $75,000 to be used to provide law enforcement and emergency response communities with enhanced capabilities for detecting, deterring, disrupting, preventing, and responding to potential threats of manmade, natural disaster and acts of terrorism.
11. Hear presentation and consider and act upon request from Tejano R.O.O.T.S., Inc. for additional services and financial assistance from the City of Alice; including, but not limited to, electrical, security, sanitation, reserved seating and advertising, in preparation for the Tejano R.O.O.T.S. Hall of Fame 8th Annual Noche de Fiesta Tejana on Nov. 16, 17 and 18.
12. Consider and act upon site location for Metal Art Work (downtown art iron sculpture).
13. Consider and act upon an engineering contract for professional and technical services between City of Alice and Coym, Rehmet & Gutierrez Engineering.
14. Consider and act upon establishing or dissolving City of Alice Boards, Commissions or Committees, as well as appointments, reappointments, removals and/or term clarifications of membership to City of Alice Boards, Commissions and Committees.
15. Consider and act upon Recycling Center facility security measures.
16. Consider and act upon previous City Council meeting minutes.