Important information regarding court proceedings during the COVID-19 pandemic at the Alice Municipal Court.
Defendants are encouraged to schedule teleconferences, if at all possible.
Individuals who are over age 65 and individuals with serious underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer or other conditions requiring such therapy are considered to be vulnerable populations. Individuals that are in the vulnerable population will be accommodated by teleconferencing, email communication or individual hearings when necessary. Please contact the court if you are in the vulnerable population.
1. Individuals that are currently experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or having known to have been in close contact with a person who has been confirmed to have COVID-19, or showing symptoms of the virus, will not be permitted to enter the building and should contact the court immediately, so that your case can be reset for another date.
2. Protective Measures: The court encourages all defendants, defendant’s parents or guardians, and attorneys to wear facial coverings that cover both the nose and mouth. If you do not have one the court will supply you with a disposable mask. The court has also installed no touch automatic hand sanitizer dispensers. There will be tissue available by the entrance and in the courtroom.
3. Anyone not on the court docket will not be allowed to enter the building. That includes all children. If you are a juvenile or minor that is on the docket, one parent or guardian will be permitted to enter with you. Everyone will be required to go through the initial health screening process before entering the courtroom.
4. Your temperature will be taken prior to entering the building. Court staff will use an infrared thermometer to determine your temperature. If your temperature is equal to or exceeds 99.6F, you will not be admitted into the building.
5. In accordance with the 6ft. social distancing requirements, only 6 people will be allowed inside the courtroom. You were mailed an assigned court date and time, it is very crucial you arrive at the appointed time or risk forfeiting your time slot.
Alice Municipal Court: 415 East Main Street Alice, TX 78332 (361) 668-7285