FREER - Two occupants who were inside a mobile home that caught fire Wednesday morning on the 800 block of North Norton Street are safe.

The siblings, 19 and 23 years old, were asleep at the time of the fire.

According to Fire Marshal Martin Martinez, the sister woke up when her cell phone alarm went off to start her day. Once in the hall she smelled smoke and immediately rushed to wake up her brother.

The two ran out of the home and called 9-1-1.

The fire took minutes to engulf the mobile home whose exterior had been remodeled to look like a log cabin.

According to Martinez, the siblings told him they had been having issues with the central air condition.

"This was a unique fire. The occupants are safe and knew exactly what to do because they had taken one of the fire department's prevention classes," Martinez said. "We want to thank Freer police, community members, city staff and officials, San Diego Fire Department, Cantu Chevrolet, Pegasus Construction and Albert Martinez who represents Congressman Vicente Gonzalez for all assisting in the fire."

The fire is still under investigation. State officials will be contacted for further assistances, but don't believe foul play was a factor.

A GoFundMe accountant has been set up by a family relative. Anyone wishing to make a monetary donation can do so at https://www.gofundme.com/9mghps-house-fire-victims.