A family is left without a home Tuesday afternoon after a fire destroyed the home.

According to the Kayla Mata, her sister's husband, brother-in-law and a 2-year-old were inside the home when the fire began. Her sister was at work.

The 2-year-old was watching videos on her uncle's phone when he began to "tap him." That's when the men saw the flames and ran out of the house.

According to neighbors Evangelina and Rudy Silva, they saw the men run out of the house with the baby in their arms. They also saw smoke and flames out of the kitchen area, and called 9-1-1.

The family had been living in the rental home for approximately seven years and have continued to have problems with the electricity. They claimed to have report the problems to their landlord who lives next door, but is only seen when the $600 rent is due.

Mata said since her sister's family moved into the home they have had to replace four fridges and two stoves. Due to their limited finances, they could not afford to move from the home.

The fire department is unsure of how the fire started and awaiting the fire marshal to continue his investigation, according to Lt. JR Gonzalez with the Alice FD. The house suffered smoke and fire damage.