The six juveniles who allegedly vandalized the Alice ISD football stadium made their first appearance in juvenile court Wednesday afternoon for a detention hearing.

The detention hearing is only to determine whether or not the juvenile has adequate supervision outside of a juvenile detention center. The juveniles will appear in court for their charges at a later date.

After appearing before Judge Pete Trevino Jr., the juveniles, who range in ages of 11 and 15, were all released to a parent who promised the court they would adequately supervise their children and return them to other court appearances.

The group of Alice ISD students, four boys and two girls, were arrested Monday by Alice police in connection with the vandalism at the football stadium located on the 200 block of South Stadium.

Through a police investigation, investigators determined that the juveniles allegedly gained entry to the property by jumping the secured fence. They than allegedly gained entrance to the concession stand where they sprayed the contents of a fire extinguisher into the ice machine. In order to leave the property with the stolen ATVs, police believe the juveniles rammed through the fence.

When the ATVs where located they too were damaged. According to Investigator Juan Charles, one ATV was found stuck in the mud of a creek and the second one was found with a missing bumper where the juveniles attempted to pull the first ATV from the mud, but failed. The second ATV was also covered in white spray paint to conceal the AISD logos.

Police were able to determine that they had enough evidence to charge the six juveniles with burglary of a building, theft over $2,500 and criminal mischief over $2,500; all first degree felonies. The juveniles spent two days at the San Patricio Detention Center before returning for the hearing.

The Jim Wells County Probation Department recommended that one of the 13-year-old boys be detained in a detention center for no longer than 10 working days due to two other criminal offenses, criminal trespass and false alarm, on his record. The juvenile, who stood in front of Trevino and could be heard sniffly as he cried, was on probation at the time of the recent offense.

However, Judge Trevino ordered the juvenile be released to his father who had only had him for a month and a half prior to this incident, according to his father and the juvenile's attorney.

"The court does not in any way, shape or form, condone their behavior," Trevino said after the detention hearing concluded. 

As part of the juveniles probation conditions, they have a 6 p.m. curfew, and are not to associate or hangout with each other.