As a local glass company truck on Friday afternoon was traveling near Main Street and Texas Boulevard a passerby noticed the back of the truck was on fire.

The driver pulled into a Walgreen parking lot. According to a witness, the fire was put out with a fire extinguisher before the Alice Fire Department arrived on the scene.

The fire was caused when the battery of an electric tool exploded, according to officials.

Firefighters hosed down the tool bag to ensure the fire would not start up again.

No injuries were reported.