Meagan Delayne Blair daughter of Jimmy and Elizabeth Blair is this week's Teen of the Week.
- My plans after high school are to attend a university and major in either business management or political science. I would like to travel more of the world and experience other cultures.
Clubs and Officer Positions:
-I am the 2015-2016 President of the Alice High School chapter of National Honor Society. This is my second year in National Honor Society. I have been in the high school Drama club all four years, and have been on the Varsity Drama Team for three. I am a member of the Alice High School chapter of the International Thespian Society, inducted spring 2014.
Accomplishments and Honors:
- An honor I am very proud of is being inducted into the International Thespian Society.
Best Advice I've ever received:
- "Leave every place better than you found it." Mr. George Beltran told our sophomore World History class this, and I have always remembered this both in little ways and in looking at the bigger picture of what I want to do in life.
Where do I see myself in 5 years?
- I see myself with a degree in business management and political science trying to make a name for myself in local politics.
If you could change anything about this world, what would it be and why?
- If I had the chance to make one change in the world, it would be how women are viewed. All around the world, women are viewed as property. Even in our great country, where equality is promised, women get paid .70 cents to every man's dollar. Even this massive wage gape only refers to white women. There are much larger gaps from a man's dollar to the amount women of color get paid. Rape and domestic violence are still prevalent in a society based on freedom and equality, and in other countries women are killed for daring to speak up against their harsh conditions. Misogyny is the problem I would solve if I had the chance.
If you could invite 3 people to dinner [other than relatives), who would they be and why?
- I would invite Emma Watson to dinner, simply because of her elegance and her confidence. Emma Watson has an equality campaign, He For She, she has made speeches on women's rights to the United Nations, and she is a female actress fighting the stereotype that women cannot be both smart and beautiful. I would also invite Malala Yousafzai, the youngest ever Nobel Prize laureate. She is an activist for the education of Pakistani females. The last person I would invite would be former President John F. Kennedy, just to discuss all the great things he did as President.
Book- Harry Potter.
Movie- A League of their Own.
Town in Texas- San Antonio.
Vacation Spot- Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida
Exclusively sponsored by Edwards Furniture Co. and Alice Echo-News Journal.