Five ways you can have fun this weekend:
1. The big movies opening this week are “Avengers: Age of Ultron” a PG-13 superhero movie starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth; “Far from the Madding Crowd,” a PG-13 drama based on the Thomas Hardy novel; and “The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared,” an R comedy based on the book by the equally long title.
2. Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, a day when participating comic stores hand out a free comic book to young and old customers. Contact your local shop to see if its participating, or go to the official Free Comic Book Day website, http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992.
3. Horse racing’s Triple Crown kicks off this Saturday with the Kentucky Derby. The Run for the Roses broadcast begins at 4 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports. For more information, go to the official race website, http://www.kentuckyderby.com/.
4. National Pet Week kicks off Sunday. This is a time to pamper your pet and recognize the roles they play in your life. Throw your dog or cat a party, or just take Rover for a walk in his favorite park. If you’re looking for a pet, consider adopting one this weekend. http://www.petweek.org/
5. The NBA and NHL playoffs are heating up, so if you’re looking for some intense sports action this weekend, find a game on TV. Check your paper or your favorite sports website for schedule information.
More Content Now