(NAPSI)—Some of the beauty regimens that women do every day may actually be hurting more than helping. “Many women don’t realize that they are quietly sabotaging their skin care,” says Belinda Moss, celebrity makeup artist and director of hair and makeup for “America’s Got Talent” and the Tony Awards.
For more gorgeous, healthy skin, Moss offers her three top “dos and don’ts” to avoid common beauty mistakes:
• Don’t Skimp on the SPF: While most foundations, moisturizers and BB creams have some sort of SPF protection in them, you’re likely not applying enough to get full, long-lasting coverage from the sun’s rays, especially in summer.
• Do: Apply a facial sunscreen before you apply makeup. Look for a light, oil-free facial sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Don’t forget to protect your lips. Excessive sun exposure can cause natural lip color to fade. This can also be avoided by wearing lip balm with SPF on a daily basis year-round.
• Don’t Wax: Waxing facial hair not only requires a lot of maintenance, it requires that awkward regrowth stage, is painful and can actually contribute to wrinkles and skin damage.
• Do: Manage facial hair more gently and pain-free. Try bleaching facial hair or using a hair removal cream instead of waxing. Jolen Creme Bleach, available in original formula or sensitive formula with aloe vera, lightens hair on the upper lip, cheeks and sideburns, so that it is virtually invisible.
If you’d rather remove facial hair completely, look for the new Jolen Facial Hair Remover Kit. This three-part system has everything you need for quick, easy and no-mess hair removal with no irritation and a unique soft scent. It is the only facial hair removal product to include a skin guarding balm for pre- and post-skin protection, hair removal cream and cleanse & soothe wipes, delivering smooth, silky, hair-free skin without irritation. Perfect for all hair types, both Jolen products are safe, gentle and effective, and take just a few minutes to give lasting results.
• Don’t Scrub so Much: While a scrub is thought of as a great way to slough away dead, flaky skin, it can also strip away the natural oils that moisturize the face as well as cause irritation.
• Do: Limit exfoliating. Use an exfoliating face wash just two to three times a week on alternating days and follow it up with an SPF moisturizer.
The new Jolen Facial Hair Remover Kit is available in select stores like ULTA and online at Walgreens.com and drugstore.com. Jolen Creme Bleach can be found in stores nationwide, including CVS, Harmon, Rite Aid, ULTA, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as online.
For more beauty tips from Moss and to connect with Jolen on social media for giveaways and offers, visit www.facebook.com/Jolen.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)