AGUA DULCE — Suddenly, the Agua Dulce Longhorns have a serious rushing threat.
Senior Cruz Garza emerged as a solid running back in the Longhorns’ 51-14 win against Riviera Friday night. Cruz had 13 carries for 169 rushing yard and two touchdowns.
Agua Dulce coach Robert Beard said the Longhorns are counting on Garza, a two-way starter, to play a key role on offense.
• San Diego running back Anthony Perez rushed for 163 yards and three touchdowns on 17 carries in the Vaqueros’ 36-14 victory against Ingleside Friday.
• Sophomore Sergio Guerra had himself a night Friday for San Diego, Guerra, an all-state defensive back last year as a freshman, had two interceptions against Ingleside. Guerra was also a receiver for the Vaqueros and was in the receiving end of a 66-yard touchdown reception. It was San Diego’s longest pass of the game.
• Agua Dulce senior Randal Garza was both accurate and productive Friday. Garza completed nine of 14 passes for 170 yards. He also threw three touchdown passes.
• San Diego quarterback Ryan Ochoa completed eight of 16 passes for 160 yards in the win against Ingleside Friday night. Ochoa also ran the ball 33 times for 124 yards.
• Orange Grove receiver Jose Aguilar had five catches for 88 yards for the Bulldogs in the team’s 38-24 loss to George West Friday night.
• Alice’s Isaiah Aguilar had a busy night in his first start at quarterback. Aguilar had 14 carries for 68 yards and completed 12 of 20 passes for 96 yards in the Coyotes’ 22-6 loss to Class 6A Laredo Alexander.