Ofelia Garcia Hunter
Alice Echo-News Journal
In the third round of Jim Wells County’s Top 10 Most Wanted, warrants are in place for five new individuals and five who still remain at-large, sheriff officials said.
Of the top 10, three are wanted for forgery charges, two for theft charges, two for burglary of a building charges and several on drug charges.
Sheriff Oscar Lopez said publicizing the top 10 list has been successful.
“The most wanted is doing well and they are turning themselves in and people are cooperating,” Lopez said.
The Alice Echo-News Journal has partnered with the sheriff’s department to allow the public to view the list and assist law enforcement agencies to catch these individuals with offenses.
In the first round, sheriff’s deputies caught six individuals including an Alice man in Laredo with a warrant for sexual assault with a child, a woman wanted for child support was found at a local hotel and a couple surrendered on their own to law officials.
In the second round there were warrants for seven Alice residents, one Orange Grove resident, one from Premont and an individual from out of state. The second top list included a warrant for a sexual assault with a child, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a controlled substance and forgery.
The county has less than 100 wanted individuals, officials said.
The individuals with warrants are a combination of misdemeanors and felonies, officials said.
Those currently on the top 10 list are:
• David Zuniga, 39, resides at 1101 Reynolds St. in Alice, wanted for forgery, bond denied.
• Rodolfo Alaniz, 42, resides at 302 County Road 307 in Orange Grove, wanted for motion to revoke on theft charges out of Nueces County, bond denied.
• Jaime Adame, 31, resides at 1011 N. 11th St. in Montevideo, Minn., wanted for possession of controlled substance, bond set at $5,000 cash.
• Esteban Cavazos Jr., 26, resides at 1607 Guadalupe St. in Alice, wanted for motion to revoke – burglary of habitation, bond denied.
• Marita Rodriguez Carrales, 31, resides at 305 Staples St. in Alice, wanted for forgery, bond set at $20,000
• Javier L. Trevino, 28, resides at 700 E. 5th or 213 E. Burroughs streets in Alice, wanted for motion to revoke, bond set at $1,000.
• Eric Edward Chapa, 31, resides at 1127 Stonegate St. in Alice, wanted for burglary of building and engaging in criminal activity, bond set at $10,000 each count.
• Horacio Antonio Trigo, 32, resides at 401 Quatro Milpas St. in San Diego, wanted for burglary of building and engaging in criminal activity, bond set at $10,000 each count.
• Filiberto Chapa Sr., 48, resides at 430 McMasters Road in Alice, wanted for motion to revoke on possession of controlled substance, bond denied.
• Kathy Brown Craig, 52, resides at 1201 Catherine Drive or N. King Street, wanted for possession on meth, theft over $20 and under $500 by check from San Patricio County, possession of marijuana and failure to appear, bond set at $3,000.