No one injured in Thursday fire

Ofelia Garcia Hunter, Alice Echo-News Journal

A fire on the outskirts of Alice on County Road 339 Thursday destroyed a storage shed used as a workshop, fire officials said.

"They were doing some cutting with the torch and they went inside the house," Fire Marshal Patrick Thomas said. "It was (apparently) smoldering and when they looked outside, they noticed the fire."

Thomas said that no injuries were reported.

Fire officials said the fire started about 10 p.m. Thursday on County Road 339, about five miles east of Alice. The family was inside their house at the time of the fire, fire officials said. The shed, located in front of the home, was engulfed in flames.

The shed was completely consumed by the fire, Thomas said.