● Name: Christopher Reyes
● Parents: Robert and Tina Reyes
● Educational or Future Plans: I will attend Texas A&M Corpus Christi to earn a BA in Music with a Minor in Music Industry.
● Clubs and Officer Positions: I was the drumline section leader for the Alice High School marching band for two years.
● Accomplishments/Honors: I composed a drum break for Alice High School Band’s 2017 UIL marching show entitled “Fear of the Unknown”. I also made District November 2017 and advanced to Region Competition TMEA 2017 for percussion.
● What was the best advice you ever received? Who gave you the advice?
The best advice I ever received derived from my favorite quote by one of my favorite vocalists, Andy Biersack. “Life isn’t about how popular you are, what girl or boy you’re dating, or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have are our hearts and our minds. This is the reason why we sing, this is the reason why we cry, this is why we live.”
● Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years, I will be professionally performing, producing, and recording music.
● If you could change anything about this world, what would it be and why? I would make music a greater part of it. Music brings people together. It starts from promotion of local high school bands, such as the Alice High School Band. Students in music programs excel in areas such as creativity, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills, which would make our world a better place.
● If you could invite 3 people to dinner (other than relatives), who would it be and why? I would invite Andy Biersack, vocalist and composer, Synyster Gates, musician and composer, and Matt Heafy, guitarist, vocalist, and composer. I want to have dinner with them in order to discuss and understand everyday life as a professional musician, find out what it is like to have their music recorded in a studio, and what they most enjoy about their lives after turning their dreams into their careers.
● Food: Texas Brick Oven pizza and wings
● Book: Motley Crue’s “The Dirt”
● Movie: The Breakfast Club
● Town in Texas: Kerrville, Texas
● Vacation Spot: St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
Teen of the Week exclusively sponsored by Guaranty Title and Alice Echo-News Journal