Name: Aliana Gamboa
● Parents: Mr. and Mrs. TJ Gonzales and Mr. and Mrs. Ram Gamboa
● Educational or Future Plans: I am going to attend the University of Texas at Austin and major in Psychology with a specialty in children’s cognitive thinking and development. With this degree, I plan on becoming a clinical psychologist and eventually open my own practice.
● Clubs and Officer Position: Band- 4 year member
Southern Pride Strutter- 4 year member; Major
Student Council- 4 year member; Secretary and Parliamentarian
Teen ACTS- 3 year member: Co-director
NHS- 3 year member
SKILLS USA- 2 year member; Secretary
● Accomplishments/ Honors: 10 year Altar Server Award
Semi-finalist for the Junior Citizen of the Year award
National History Day Regional Qualifier
First Place County Fair Homemade Goods Participant
Third Place State Qualifier for SKILLS USA Competition
● What was the best advice you ever received? Who gave you the advice?
- The best advice I have ever received is from my stepfather and he said, “Don’t make someone a priority when all they’ve done is make you an option.”
● Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
-In five years I see myself still in college pursuing a master's degree.
● If you could change anything about this world, what would it be and why?
- I would change the negative mentality of people that don’t show peace and love towards others. I feel that all the hate and violence in the world is one of our biggest issues as a society.
● If you could invite 3 people to dinner who would they be and why?
- Aryssa Cruz: She is funny, a great person to have a conversation with and a
- Frank Sinatra: I love listening to his music and I would love to hear about the way he lived his life back then.
- Joan Jett: I love her music as well and I would love to hear about all her
adventures about being on tour and being a rockstar.
○ Food: Chicken Alfredo
○ Book: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
○ Movie: The Breakfast Club
○ Town in Texas: Austin
○ Vacation Spot: Orlando, Florida
Teen of the Week exclusively sponsored by Guaranty Title and Alice Echo-News Journal