Teen of the Week - Jose Montes
● Parents: Son of Irene Hernandez
● Educational or Future Plans: I plan to move to and attend the Texas A&M University - at Kingsville during the Fall of 2018 and major in mathematics. With a bachelor's degree in math I hope to become an instructor and eventually go back to school and get my master’s degree in mathematics to expand my career options.
● Accomplishments/Honors: I’ve been an A/B Honor Roll student all 4 years of High School. I reached the top 10% of my class during my junior year and currently sit at the #21 spot out of the 280 students in my class. I was a member of the PALS during my junior year and was also on the soccer team my first 2 years of High School. In addition, I was certified for Microsoft Word via Microsoft Office and also became WECW World Champion.
● Unfortunately, I don’t have any advice that has been told to me that has been significant enough for me to remember. However, there is one saying I aspire to and that’s a quote from the Green Bay Packers Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. “5 letters here just for everybody out there in Packer-land. R-E-L-A-X, relax. Everything is going to be OK.” This quote was directed to the fans after a tough start to the season, however, I use this quote when I am feeling nervous, worried, or overwhelmed with obstacles in life to reassure myself that everything is going to be okay.
● In 5 years I see myself working hard in school and pursuing my goal in majoring in math and ultimately becoming a teacher of some sort or maybe something i haven’t even thought of yet that could change my mind. As long as it’s got something to do with math.
● If there was something I could change about this world, I think it would be the heavy influence that technology has on each of our lives and I would also change how we would treat the environment and for us to take better care of our only home.
● If there were 3 people I would invite to dinner my first person would be Aaron Rodgers because he’s simply the best quarterback to ever touch a football and way better than Tom Brady. My second person would probably be Neil deGrasse Tyson. That dude would bring a crazy atmosphere to the table with all his science and astrophysicist talk and to ask him questions and just have a normal, yet so technical ,conversation with him would probably change the way I see life. I think my last person I would invite to dinner would be Stan Lee. Stan has always been a person I’ve been eager to meet since I was young. He’s responsible for the creation of my comic book characters such as Spider-Man and the X-Men.
● Favorite Food: Beef Enchiladas
● Favorite Book: Infinity Gauntlet
● Favorite Movie: Zombieland
● Favorite Town in Texas: San Antonio, TX
● Favorite Vacation Spot: Albuquerque, NM
Teen of the Week exclusively sponsored by Guaranty Title and Alice Echo-News Journal