Name: Christiana Villegas
● Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Alex and Christina Villegas
● Education/Future Plans: I want to study elementary education at Texas A&M San Antonio.
● Clubs and Officer Positions: Skills USA Chapter President, Texas Association of Future Educators Chapter Vice-President, FCCLA Chapter President 2016, Culinary Arts Year III Student, PALS, FFA Chapter Member, Honors Band Member, National Honor Society Member, GEAR UP Ambassador
●.1. TAFE State Qualifier 2017,2016
●.2. Area 10 Grand Champion UIL Marching Band Area 10; 2016,2013
●.3. Coyote Scholar 2014,2015
●.4. FCCLA State Qualifier 2016
● In five years, I hope to be starting my career as an elementary teacher and taking any and every opportunity thrown at me. In five years I hope to be closer to God and understand the plan that He choose for me.
● If I could change anything about this world, I’d change child neglection. So many children are not given the amount of attention they need or provided with the necessities to live.
● “I am good enough, not because of who I am, but because of who He is.” I’ll never forget the day Father Julian said this in his homily on Palm Sunday in 2015. I remember the date because I remember how much of an impact it had on who I was then.
● Three people I’d invite to dinner: Tim Allen, St. Catherine of Siena, and Ellen DeGeneres. I would first talk to both Ellen and St. Catherine about my church, OLG. I would tell them about our awesome youth group and how much it means to me. I’d hint to Ellen that I have a dream to have a youth building for us to hang out and play games outside of our ministry responsibilities. I’d also invite Tim Allen, not because he’s Santa Claus, but because he’s such a character and he’d break any ice/awkwardness at the table. I’m a big fan of his show ,Last Man Standing. I think dinner with him would be very fun and full of laughter. Lastly, I’d love to have dinner with St. Catherine because she was a very opinionated person. My mom always told me that I had a big heart with a very strong willed mind, so I believe that St. Catherine and I would get along very well. She is a Doctor of the Church and I think speaking and receiving advice from her would be a great gift.
Book: A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin & We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You & The Great Gatsby
Town in Texas: Roanoke, Texas
Vacation Spot: Camp Zephyr
Teen of the Week exclusively sponsored by Alice Chevrolet and Alice Echo-News Journal